- Published on Friday, 06 May 2016 01:36
The following are the handouts from the 2015 KBCA AGM.
- Published on Tuesday, 03 May 2016 13:43
Two KBCA members, Directors and long standing residents of Beaverbrook Jim Shearon and Beata Myhill were recognized as leading community contributors at the May 1 Kanata North Community Recognition Awards presentation at the John Mlacak Center.
Jim Shearon was recognized in the Senior Citizen of the Year award and Beata Myhill was recognized in the Citizen of the Year award.
Congratulations to both Beata and Jim
- Published on Tuesday, 03 May 2016 13:28
The Kanata Beaverbrook Community Association will hold its annual general meeting, Thursday May 12th at 7:30 p.m. in the community centre to
- Report on achievements of the past year and elect officers for the coming year.
- Discuss plans for this coming year, including renovations, sign repairs, outdoor initiatives
- Get feedback on what you would like to see in Beaverbrook. What would you like to see the KBCA do for you?
All residents of Beaverbrook are eligible for election to the KBCA Board.
All residents of Beaverbrook are welcome to attend
- Published on Tuesday, 03 May 2016 13:15
- Participate in Beaverbrook's Annual Spring Cleanup
- Open House for the Community Centre's Renovations
- 10:00 a.m. start of cleanup activity led by Ottawa Gaels Gaelic Football team
- 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Farm Fresh foods display and registration.
- 11:00 a.m. to 12 Noon: Zumba dance activity class (3 sample classes of 20 minutes each
- 12:00 p.m. Official opening of renovated centre
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. “Songs and Stories for Families” with Susan Wheat of the Ontario Early Years Centre.
The Kanata Beaverbrook Community Association (KBCA) invites all residents to join the annual spring clean-up and open house Saturday May 7th from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the renovated Community Centre at 2 Beaverbrook Drive.
KBCA President Neil Thomson said teams of two to four people will be given gloves and bags to collect rubbish from specific paths. The clean-up activity should take 30 minutes or less. Volunteers can then return to the community centre for refreshments and to see displays and demonstrations from community groups who use the community centre.
Noel McGinnity and members of the Ottawa Gaels, Gaelic Football Club will help out with the clean up and will have an information booth at the Open House.
Julie Gourley and members of the Sustain Beaverbrook Action Committee will share details of a program to bring fresh farm food to Beaverbrook this summer and fall.
At 11:00 a.m. visitors are welcome to join a dance fitness class in a 30-minute demonstration Zumba program. Visitors can also sign up for the chess club, a Yoga group or join a TOPS weight program. Other community groups will also be attending the Open House.
As part of construction to install an elevator in the Beaverbrook Centre, a wheel-chair accessible entrance door from the mall has been installed. There is also a new main floor fully accessible washroom and lighting has been improved in all rooms in the centre.
- Published on Sunday, 01 May 2016 17:13
- Published on Tuesday, 17 November 2015 19:31
Good Food Box at the Beaverbrook Centre
Good Food Box is now in Kanata!! What is the Good Food Box? It is a box of delicious fresh fruits and vegetables sold at wholesale prices. The food is either grown by local farmers or purchased from wholesalers at cost. It is open to everyone, no matter what income level. It is coordinated by the Centretown Community Health Centre.
There are several sizes of boxes - a typical box for a family of four is only $20. The boxes are delivered year-round on the third Wednesday of the month to the Beaverbrook Centre. A newsletter with recipes is included in each box. Orders for December are now being accepted. You can find out more and place an on-line order on the Good Food Box Website. Select "Beaverbrook Kanata" as your pick-up site. Thank you to the volunteers at the Community Life Church in Beaverbrook Centre who are organizing this pick-up site.
Link for Good Food Box: http://www.ottawagoodfoodbox.ca/?page_id=14