- Published on Thursday, 16 October 2014 00:07
The KBCA is looking for a creative and reliable individual and self-starter to promote, schedule and manage the use of the Beaverbrook Community Centre. This is a paid part-time position of up to 10 hours per week.
The Community Centre Manager’s primary role is to manage use of the community centre facilities and provide a single “customer service” point of contact for potential and existing groups using the centre
- Respond to requests for bookings (email, phone) in a timely manner, educating potential clients on rates, facility availability, insurance requirements, plus terms and conditions.
- Work with potential users to help them schedule their event(s)/booking(s) and complete and file all “paperwork” in an organized and traceable manner (online), chiefly through gMail, Google docs, calendar, etc.
- Work with current community centre users to address schedule changes, maintenance, cleanliness or other services that the Centre is responsible for.
- Coordinate with the City Legal/Insurance group, City maintenance dept, janitor or the KBCA directors on issues or concerns
- Document, track and report to the KBCA on potential and existing clients to help identify changes required to the Centre or the services we provide.
- When time is available, find ways to promote the Centre to other potential users (e.g. Schools, seniors groups, etc.)
For additional details, please see the following job description: http://www.kanatabeaverbrook.ca/resources/KBCACommunityCentreManager.pdf
Neil Thomson, President, KBCA