- Published on Wednesday, 29 June 2016 02:55
Local Produce and Meats available at the Community Centre
Julie Gourley and the Sustain Kanata North initiative have organized a number of opportunities for Beaverbrook (and all of Kanata North) to get fresh food directly from local Farmers delivered at the Beaverbrook Community Center.
- The Good Food Box takes monthly online orders for boxes of seasonal produce of various sizes for delivery every 3rd Wednesday Year round
- Our Farms/Kinburn Farms and Watarah Downs provide two separate Community Supported Agriculture programs (CSA) where families can contract for a box of seasonal vegetables weekly (e.g. June to Mid Oct). For more details see (What is CSA?)
- Our Farms/Kinburn Farms run a Tuesday Farmers market at the West entrance to the Beaverbrook mall from 3:30PM to 6:30PM which includes CSA pickup for their program, plus retail seasonal produce (e.g. kale, Swiss chard, lettuce, baby beets, turnips and rhubarb) and lamb to buy directly.
- Waratah Downs CSA pickup is on Wednesdays