- Published on Tuesday, 03 May 2016 13:15
- Participate in Beaverbrook's Annual Spring Cleanup
- Open House for the Community Centre's Renovations
- 10:00 a.m. start of cleanup activity led by Ottawa Gaels Gaelic Football team
- 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Farm Fresh foods display and registration.
- 11:00 a.m. to 12 Noon: Zumba dance activity class (3 sample classes of 20 minutes each
- 12:00 p.m. Official opening of renovated centre
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. “Songs and Stories for Families” with Susan Wheat of the Ontario Early Years Centre.
The Kanata Beaverbrook Community Association (KBCA) invites all residents to join the annual spring clean-up and open house Saturday May 7th from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the renovated Community Centre at 2 Beaverbrook Drive.
KBCA President Neil Thomson said teams of two to four people will be given gloves and bags to collect rubbish from specific paths. The clean-up activity should take 30 minutes or less. Volunteers can then return to the community centre for refreshments and to see displays and demonstrations from community groups who use the community centre.
Noel McGinnity and members of the Ottawa Gaels, Gaelic Football Club will help out with the clean up and will have an information booth at the Open House.
Julie Gourley and members of the Sustain Beaverbrook Action Committee will share details of a program to bring fresh farm food to Beaverbrook this summer and fall.
At 11:00 a.m. visitors are welcome to join a dance fitness class in a 30-minute demonstration Zumba program. Visitors can also sign up for the chess club, a Yoga group or join a TOPS weight program. Other community groups will also be attending the Open House.
As part of construction to install an elevator in the Beaverbrook Centre, a wheel-chair accessible entrance door from the mall has been installed. There is also a new main floor fully accessible washroom and lighting has been improved in all rooms in the centre.